Common Ground Santa Barbara
Call for Volunteers
Now through February 27, 2011
Every night in Santa Barbara County, thousands of people experience homelessness. This February, community members can take action and be part of the solution. Common Ground Santa Barbara is calling out for 500 volunteers to canvas the community to locate and survey our homeless neighbors to find and help those who are most vulnerable.
This survey will ensure that those who are at the highest risk will receive valuable life-saving resources and services, moving them into housing and reducing their dependency on expensive emergency services.
Volunteers are needed for the following activities:
- Registry Week Count/Survey Team
- Training on February 27th, 2011
- Survey conducted from 4 am – 7 am February 28th, March 1st, and March 2nd
- Staffing outposts on February 28th, March 1st, and March 2nd
- Preparing packets prior to February 27th training
- Setup/take-down and directing volunteers at training sites
- Computer support for downloading photos
Common Ground Santa Barbara is a collaborative effort of community members from the non-profit, governmental, business and faith communities of Santa Barbara County striving to end homelessness in our communities.
No experience is needed. To volunteer, donate a meal card, or find out more, visit www.CommonGroundSB.org.