Santa Barbara Homeless Survery
Common GroundSanta Barbararecently spent three days contacting over 1,500 homeless people inSanta BarbaraCounty. What did they find?
- Santa BarbaraCityhas the highest number of homeless people in the County.
- There are 1,040 homeless people living in the City ofSanta Barbara.
- 73% of the homeless in the county are men. A majority are white men.
- The average age of a homeless person inSanta BarbaraCountyis 41.
- 270 of the homeless counted say they live on the streets, 291 in shelters.
- The average time people said they had been homeless was 7 years.
- 15% said they were military veterans.
- 57% self reported mental illness.
- 51% self reported alcohol abuse.
- 42% self reported drug abuse.
CLICK HERE for more results from the Common Ground homeless survey.