VITA is a free tax preparation service for families in Santa Barbara County. Tax returns are prepared and completed by IRS-certified volunteers each year from February through April throughout south Santa Barbara County.
Call the VITA Hotline
for more information
Confirmed sites as of 1/13/16 include:
- United Way (320 East Gutierrez Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101), Tuesdays & Wednesdays, 2pm-5pm
- Dons Net Cafe/Santa Barbara High School (700 East Anapamu Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101), Room 70 (Canon Perdido Side), Thursdays, 3pm-6pm
- Goleta Valley Community Center (5679 Hollister Avenue, Goleta, CA 93117), Fridays, 9am-2pm & 1pm-3pm * Apointments needed 805-967-1237
- Franklin Neighborhood Center (1136 Montecito Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93103), Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, 5:30pm-8:30pm
- Police Activities League (1235 Chapala Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101), Wednesdays & Fridays, 7pm-9pm, Saturdays, 9am-3pm
- UCSB – Click here for schedule.
- Santa Ynez High School (2975 East Highway 246 Room E-1, Santa Ynez, CA 93460) Saturdays: February 20th, February 27th & March 5th, 10am-2pm
Prepare Your Taxes Now with MyFreeTaxes!
Prepare your own taxes anywhere you have an internet connection using MyFreeTaxes. It’s easy, simple, fast
and secure. When you file electronically, you let the computer do the math. Your work is saved at every step, so you can always come back and work on it later. MyFreeTaxes software has error checkers and calculators built in so you have a much smaller chance of making an error. Your personal information will not be shared with anyone.