The Emergency Housing Voucher (EHV) program is available through the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA). Through EHV, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) is providing 70,000 housing choice vouchers to local Public Housing Authorities (PHAs) in order to assist individuals and families who are:
- Fleeing, or attempting to flee, domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, stalking, or human traﬃcking
- At risk of homelessness
- Were recently homeless or have a high risk of housing instability
Locally, HUD has provided a total of 212 vouchers distributed to the Housing Authority of the City of Santa Barbara and the Housing Authority of the County of Santa Barbara. The two housing authorities are working with the Continuum of Care Program and the County of Santa Barbara to lease up the vouchers.
INCENTIVES for leasing up of each voucher are:
- $1,500 signing bonus for each voucher leased
- $2,000 security deposit (lesser of one month’s rent or $2,000)
- $2,000 mitigation insurance fund for each leased up voucher (up to $2,000)
- County of Santa Barbara will provide 3 years of supportive services to each voucher holder.
For more information:
Phone: (805) 897-1010